What makes us unique
Regent High School is a very special school. Our students are ambitious, our staff are specialists in their fields, our parents/carers are supportive and our partners enrich what we offer in and beyond the curriculum.
Take a read to find learn about some of the things that make our school unique.
Regent High School
- Rated 'Good' by Ofsted; in 2018. Read the full report here.
- A curriculum tailored to the needs of our students, supporting them to achieve their academic, social and future ambitions.
- Subject-specialist teaching staff in all faculties and across all subjects and courses.
- Award-winning facilities including a 200-seat theatre, 60-seat lecture theatre, 14,000-text library, music recital room, drama studios, science laboratories, Somers Town Community Sports Centre and green outdoor spaces.
- An engaging enriched curriculum providing students with opportunities to participate in extra-curricular clubs, trips, meet with visitors and engage in Futures activities.
- Am ambitious Futures programme providing students with access to a range of learning opportunities to support the development of their future selves.
- Excellent relationships with parents and carers, including our vibrant Parent, Carer and Staff Forum (PCSF) and opportunities to find out how to support students' learning.
- Leading primary-to-secondary transition programme, including post-offer tour opportunities, visits to every one of our feeder primary schools, online enrolment, Induction Evening for parents/carers, Induction Day for new students, summer schools and targeted support for students who need additional help to move to secondary school.
- Fantastic support for students with special educational needs and/or disabilities, including excellent relationships with students' families and supporting agencies.
- The first school member, and only secondary school in the Knowledge Quarter, a consortium of over 100 knowledge-led and knowledge-rich organisations within a one mile radius of the British Library.
- Extensive partnerships with world-leading institutions offering numerous opportunities for students and staff. Partners include Camden STEAM, Camden Spark, UCL IOE, British Land, The Francis Crick Institute, and the Roundhouse.
- Lead school for EU-funded Erasmus+ projects, working with partner schools in Germany, Hungary, Spain and Sweden. See the outcome of our latest project here.
Regent Sixth Form
- 97.5% pass rate at Level 3 qualifications in 2021, with 54% of students achieving three A*-B or equivalent qualifications.
- A personalised, stimulating and challenging experience, offering a broad and dynamic curriculum.
- A track record of students gaining places at prestigious institutions. In 2021 students moved on to study at: University of London colleges King’s, UCL, Queen Mary, SOAS, Goldsmiths and City; Middlesex University and Kingston University; the Universities of Sussex, Reading and Plymouth, amongst others. Course choices ranged from Architecture to Biomedical Science, from Airline, Airport and Aviation Management to Geography, and from History to Mathematics. Some students progressed into work-based programmes, for example with the City of London.
See the Curriculum Information booklet for the destinations of recent students.
- Access to state-of-the-art facilities including a dedicated Sixth Form Study Centre and the Box Office cafe.
- Opportunities to take on positions of responsibility to enhance experience and applications, including becoming prefects, School Council representatives and Sixth Form Lunchtime Supervisors.
- The chance to participate in an innovative two-way coaching programme with Circl.
- A cohesive, ambitious Futures programme to support you in your higher study and career choices.
- Unrivalled connections to partner organisations through our membership of the Knowledge Quarter and with businesses like Regent's Place and British Land.
Scroll down to the end of this page to find logos and links to the following organisations, each of which recognises an aspect of Regent High School's work.
- Anti-bullying Alliance Silver Award
- Working towards Artsmark (having previously held Artsmark Gold status)
- Gender Action Initiator status
- Great Science Share for Schools ambassadors
- International School Award
- Knowledge Quarter partner
- Leading Parents Partnership Award 2020-2023 (held for a fourth consecutive time)
- Pearson National Teaching Awards Silver winner in 2019 and 2022
- RIBA National Award winner 2016
- Partner in the Camden STEAM Hub
- Stonewall School Champion member
- Shortlisted for TES Awards in 2018 and 2022
- STARS Gold level since 2019
- UNICEF Rights Respecting Schools: Silver - Rights Aware school
Remember to watch our videos for a further insight to our school, and read the Regent Reporter to find out about more of the fantastic things we have been doing. You can also follow us on Twitter for regular updates about our work.